Expat taxes

Effortlessly handle your income tax submission with our expert assistance. Our experienced team ensures accurate and efficient filing, maximizing your tax benefits while ensuring compliance. Trust us to handle your taxes with ease and peace of mind.

Our Services

Are you a foreign employee or a self-employed individual working in the Netherlands? Paying taxes in the Netherlands is a requirement. Lion Consulting specializes in expat tax matters and is here to assist you in completing complex forms.

Income tax submission

Income tax submission is the process of filing your annual income tax return with the tax authorities. It involves providing accurate information about your income, deductions, and credits to determine your tax liability or refund.

30% tax ruling

The 30% ruling is a tax benefit designed for expatriates recruited internationally to work in the Netherlands. When certain conditions are met, you will be liable for taxes on only 70% of your salary, while the remaining 30% will be tax-free compensation intended to cover potential expenses associated with working outside your home country.

M form

If you have recently relocated to or from the Netherlands, you are required to file the M form for that specific year. The M form is known for its complexity, as it consists of numerous detailed questions and is only available in Dutch. To navigate this challenging process, we recommend seeking the guidance of a tax advisor, such as Broadstreet, who can provide expert assistance tailored to your needs.

The 183-DAY rule

The concept of the 183-day rule is frequently discussed when it comes to the tax implications of working abroad. However, this rule often leads to misunderstandings, and we aim to provide clarity on the matter.

Preliminary tax reimbursement

When you earn income through employment in the Netherlands, your employer deducts wage tax from your salary, which is a mandatory tax on income for all Dutch citizens. However, these tax deductions do not consider any eligible deductions or tax credits you may have. As a result, you might have paid more tax than necessary. At the end of the year, you can claim a refund for the excess amount by filing an income tax return. Alternatively, you can request an interim refund before the year ends by asking the Dutch tax office to distribute the excess amount to you in monthly installments.